Monday, July 21, 2014

Paleo Friendly Chocolate Zucchini Bread by Ashley

Last night I was so close to getting in my car and driving to the nearest fro-yo bar! All I could think about was a delicious bowl of frozen yogurt topped with all my favorite chocolate candy pieces! Instead, I settled for making a healthy guilt-free alternative… which I must say, came out pretty darn good! 


Chocolate Zucchini Bread 
Gluten-Free and Dairy-Free 

Prep Time: 10 Minutes 
Cook Time: Around 40 Minutes 

Ingredients: 
(I bought everything at Trader Joe's)

1-1/4 cup of almond flour (or coconut flour) 
1/4 cup of cacao powder 
3 teaspoons of cinnamon 
1/4 teaspoon of sea salt 
1/2 teaspoon of baking soda 
a dash nutmeg 
a dash of ginger 
2 eggs 
1/4 cup of raw, organic honey 
2 tablespoons of coconut oil 
1/4 teaspoon of  organic vanilla extract 
3/4 cup of grated zucchini 

Directions: 
Pre-heat oven to 350.  Mix all ingredients together in a bowl until there are no clumps.  Spray a 5x9 pan with coconut oil cooking spray.  Pour the mixture into the pan.  Bake for 40 minutes on 350.  



This bread was delicious and completely kicked my chocolate craving! They say, "90% diet and 10% gym"  Eating healthy isn't easy so when your cravings are strong… always look for the healthy alternative.  Your body will thank you! 

XoXo 
-Ashley 

Follow me on social media for daily recipes and tips! 

Twitter: MissAshleyMoora 
Instagram: ashleynicolemora1

No comments:

Post a Comment