Thursday, July 17, 2014

Cauliflower Crust Pizza by Niki

I've whipped up some yummy and healthy alternatives to my favorite comfort foods! I don't know about you guys, but most of the comfort foods I crave are not too bikini friendly. Most of them are packed with fat and are ridiculously high carb! So what's a girl to do? Must we ban all of our favorite foods forever?! Absolutely not! Fear not, I have found that every food I crave can be manipulated into a delicious and healthy version. All it takes is a little creativity and some help from my friend pinterest ;)

Let's Begin! :)



Cauliflower Crust Pizza 

This pizza turns out great! It is also gluten-free and saves about half the carbs as its traditional counter
you'll need:
  • 1 cup cooked, riced cauliflower 
  • 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (I used about 3/4 cup and it worked just fine!) 
  • 1 egg, beaten 
  • 1 tsp dried oregano 
  • 1/2 tsp crushed garlic 
  • 1/2 tsp garlic salt Olive oil (optional) 
  • Pizza sauce 
  • Mozzarella cheese, shredded 

Other additional toppings of your choice -(veggies) :)

Instructions:
 
First you need to rice the cauliflower. To do that, cut off the leaves and stem of one head of cauliflower, and cut it into chunks. 

Then throw it in a food processor or blender and pulse until it looks like rice. You can also grate it

Place the riced cauliflower in a bowl, add 1/4 cup water, and microwave for 6-8 minutes (stirring half-way through)


add the egg and cheese into the mix and mix well, then add the oregano, garlic, and garlic salt. 


spray a pizza pan or cookie sheet and spread the crust mixture into desired shape


cook on 450 for 15 minutes, until crust is browned and middle is cooked.


remove and add all toppings :)


broil under high heat until cheese is melted and bubbly.


I recommend cooking the pizza with parchment paper to avoid sticking! 



So there you have it!! Hope you guys enjoy, let me know if you try any of these recipes and what you think! Never let a fear of eating unhealthy keep you from getting creative in the kitchen. You do NOT have to eat lettuce and chicken for the rest of your life to be healthy and happy. Follow me on instagram @nbellfitness for more tips and tricks on health and food. 

You can also check out my blog, Fearfully and Wonderfully Made!

XoXo 
Niki 


No comments:

Post a Comment