Thursday, July 17, 2014

Paleo Pumpkin Bread by Ashley

Paleo Pumpkin Bread
By Ashley 

Last night I was having some major cravings so instead of caving in and cheating I decided to channel in the fall and make some clean and healthy pumpkin bread that is paleo friendly.  Guilt-free food that makes me feel like I'm cheating is always a win in my book! Not to mention, this recipe was so easy that I whipped up another batch so we could have some handy all week long!
 
Prep Time: 5 minutes 
Cook Time: 45 minutes 
 I bought most of my ingredients at Trader Joe's.

Ingredients: 
2 cups of almond flour
3/4 teaspoon of baking soda 
1-3 teaspoons of cinnamon (depending on how much you like cinnamon) 
1 teaspoon of Nutmeg 
1 teaspoon of ground ginger 
1/2 teaspoon of salt 
1/2 cup of organic pumpkin puree 
1/2 cup of agave or raw honey 
2 eggs (could also use egg whites) 

Additional mix in's: 
Cranberries
Raisins  
Walnuts 
Pecans 
 Directions: 
Preheat oven to 350.  
Gather all ingredients and pour into one mixing bowl. 
 Mix everything together until there are no clumps and no dry ingredients 
Spray your 5x9 pan with coconut oil spray. 
Pour ingredients into pan 
Place in oven for at least 40 minutes... depending on how moist you like your bread you could leave it in for another 5 minutes.


The first loaf I made was gone within in minutes! Needless to say, its delicious! 

XoXo
-Ashley 




No comments:

Post a Comment