Monday, July 28, 2014

Quinoa Fried Rice By Ashley


This fried rice is so tasty! When I made it for my parents, I thought we were going to have a ton of leftovers but everyone ended up going back for seconds! This recipe is totally guilt-free plus it's very easy to make! 


Ingredients: 
 1 Box/Bag of Quinoa 
Organic Reduced Sodium Chicken Broth 
1 or 2 Chicken Breast (I bought pre-cooked chicken to make my life easier)
1 Bag of Frozen Mixed Veggies 
2 to 3 Eggs 
Garlic Salt 
Pepper 
Organic Tamari (Can be purchased at Trader Joe's or Whole Foods

Tamari is more than just "Gluten-Free" Soy Sauce.  It's color and taste is similar to regular soy sauce, but it's made completely from beans, giving it a unique flavor.  It tastes a little less salty in comparison to regular soy sauce and it also has a richer and more balanced flavor.  



What to do: 

Get out 2 decent sized cooking pans. 
Pour the chicken broth into your first pan, over medium heat.  
Add your Quinoa in. 
You can let this pan just kind of sit on it's own, stirring occasionally.  I just followed the instructions on the back of the bag.  I substituted water for chicken broth using the exact same measurements. 

Then, I poured a little bit of olive oil into the bottom of the pan I used for the veggies.

Pour in the veggies. 
Let them get pretty hot. 
Add in your chicken.  If you bought uncooked meat, you will need to cook the chicken before adding it in.  




 I then pushed all the veggies to the edge of the pan, creating a circle in the middle of the pan. 
After that, I cracked and put in my 3 eggs into the middle of the circle. 



 I let the egg start to cook a little bit and then slowly started mixing in the veggies with chicken. 
We do this so that the egg can get a good mix in the fried rice. 
Below is what the egg looks like cooked into the veggies. 




 Once this is done, your Quinoa should be finished. Quinoa gets pretty soft and turns translucent once  finished.  There should be no excess chicken broth. 



 If your Quinoa is done, then you can start pouring in the fried veggies. 


 And here is your finished product! 


This stuff is so tasty you really don't even need Tamari but if you just like to use soy sauce with your fried rice then I definitely recommend using Tamari! 

I hope you enjoyed this recipe! 
Have a great week! 
XoXo 
-Ashley 

Follow me on social media for daily recipes and tips! 

Twitter: MissAshleyMoora 
Instagram: ashleynicolemora1

No comments:

Post a Comment